For a full list of services available at Mount Sinai Beth Israel click
Services and treatments to make patients comfortable before, during
and after surgery.
- Beth Israel Hernia Center: Specially trained surgeons offer the latest in minimally
invasive techniques to treat various hernia types.
- Beth Israel
Medical Group: 24-hour walk-in medical services in New York with
conveniently located medical offices in Manhattan and Westchester
- Brief Psychotherapy
Research Program: Our program provides low-cost, specialized treatment
for various emotional and interpersonal difficulties of a longstanding
nature, including problems with anxiety and depression.
Thermoplasty: A non-drug procedure for severe, persistent asthma
in patients 18 years and older, whose asthma is not well controlled
with inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists.
Health Program: Expertise in treating work-related injuries and
Center: High-quality, comprehensive medical care
Surgery: State-of-the-art surgery for a vast array of vascular conditions
- Cardiology: The Heart
Institute allows patients to obtain access to a comprehensive range
of cardiovascular services and lifesaving resources easily and promptly
for Blood Management and Bloodless Medicine and Surgery: a specialized
program committed to the appropriate provision and use of blood, its
components and derivatives, and to strategies to reduce or avoid the
need for a blood transfusion.
- Center for Endovascular
Surgery: Specially trained doctors are able to treat a variety of
medical disorders without traditional surgery
- Center for Health and
Healing:The Center provides comprehensive outpatient integrative
services for adults and children. Physicians and practitioners
of diverse healing traditions and modalities focus on patient-centered
primary and specialist care to optimize health, prevent illness and
treat acute and chronic conditions.
Psychiatry: A multidisciplinary outpatient clinic committed to providing
the highest quality care for children, adolescents and families
Surgery: The Division of Colorectal Surgery offers a comprehensive range of services including a breadth of minimally invasive and traditional surgical interventions for benign and cancerous conditions of the colon, rectum and anal region, including leading-edge expertise in robotic surgery.
and Cleft Palate Center: The team treats patients with a wide range
of reconstructive needs from craniosynostosis and clefts of the lip
and palate, to traumatic craniofacial injuries
- Cystic Fibrosis Center: Patients and their families rely on our accurate diagnostic capabilities, state-of-the-art treatment approach, and the comprehensive supportive services we provide.
Comprehensive dermatology services for all skin types.
- Diabetes: Nutritional counseling, educational initiatives, exercise and wellness programs
- Digestive Diseases (Dept. of Med): The physicians of the Division of Digestive Diseases at Beth Israel treat diseases of the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, biliary system, liver, colon and rectum.
- Endocrine Surgery: We off expertise in the treatment of benign and malignant disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands, and pancreatic and gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors.
- Adults: The team at The Mirken Department of Neurology provides
comprehensive care for people with epilepsy
- Pediatrics: Pediatric neurologists and neurosurgeons are physicians
whose expertise lies in the areas of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral
and Ankle Surgery: Our fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeons
add an important clinical addition to the head-to-toe delivery of sports
(Dept. of Pediatrics): We provide genetic counseling and medical
genetics consultations for a wide range of prenatal and postnatal conditions
(Dept. of Medicine): Beth Israel Senior Health is a geriatrics practice affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Staffed by specialists trained in the care of older adults, we offer primary medical care, consultations with other physicians, and a wide range of support services, including house calls to the homebound and caregiver support services.
Surgery: Our nationally renowned hand surgeons treat professional
and amateur athletes as well as individuals from all walks of life
and Neck Surgery: We promote the most up-to-date methods of diagnosing,
treating and rehabilitating patients with diseases of the head and neck
Surgery: offers state-of-the-art surgical techniques to treat the
vast array of vascular conditions in the heart
- Health Sciences Library: The library provides reference, research and document delivery service to the hospital's staff.
Hospitalist Program: Beth Israel's hospitalists are a group of highly
trained physicians who spend their day strictly on inpatient care
- Hyperhidrosis Program: Hyperhidrosis
is a medical condition that causes perspiration far greater than the
physiological needs of the body
Physicians specialize in the diagnosis and management of pelvic floor
disorders in women
Medicine: Integrative Medicine combines conventional medical practices
with other indigenous and western healing approaches
- International Patient Services: The Department of International Services at the Mount Sinai Health System is a 24-hour, 7-day a week service that provides patients seeking medical treatment in the United States with a single point of contact for accessing the highest quality care across five hospitals throughout New York City.
- LGBT Health Services: We are committed to meeting the special health care needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community with respect and compassion.
- Lung Nodule Center: The Beth Israel Lung Nodule Center offers the most advanced techniques and treatment options to diagnose and manage lung nodules—whether they are benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
- OB-GYN: Comprehensive obstetrics
and gynecology services
Surgery: "Best in Manhattan for Overall Orthopedic Services"
- Ostomy Program: Patients who are considering elective ostomy surgery or need support after having ostomy surgery can take advantage of the comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services available at the Beth Israel Ostomy Program. Our specialized and caring Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses (WOCN) provide pre-operative stoma site selection, ongoing education and training for patients and family in caring for your ostomy as well as emotional counseling on lifestyle adjustments.
- Palliative Care:
Offers a broad array of therapies for chronic pain of all types
- Parent and Family Education:
Offers a variety of educational programs and services to help you meet
the challenges of pregnancy, birth and starting a new family
Orthopedics: Treat congenital defects, growth abnormalities, neurological
conditions and fractures
The Department features many programs, centers, and services tailored
to serve specific needs
- Radiology: Combine acclaimed professionals,
caring medical personnel, and state-of-the-art equipment in one convenient
Specialize in all rheumatic diseases, including gout, fibromyalgia,
osteoarthritis and Lyme Disease, and have extensive experience in a
variety of other conditions.
- Senior Health and House Calls (Dept. of Medicine): Beth Israel Senior Health is a geriatrics practice affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Staffed by specialists trained in the care of older adults, we offer primary medical care, consultations with other physicians, and a wide range of support services, including house calls to the homebound and caregiver support services.
and Elbow Surgery: Our surgeons handle the depth and breadth of
this specialty including the most complex shoulder replacements for
- Sleep Health:
Diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of all types of sleep disorders
- Speech-Language and Learning Center: Certified speech-language pathologists who provide assessment and treatment to infants, children, adults and their families.
- Spine Institute: Full
range of diagnostic and treatment services for back pain and spinal
Medicine: Our Sports Medicine division is in a unique position to
take care of both the weekend warrior and the elite player.
Square Chemical Dependency Services: A hospital-based program treating
men and women 18 years of age and older
The department consists of nearly 110 full-time and voluntary surgeons
representing general surgery and all the major surgical subspecialties
- Surgical Oncology:
The Surgical Oncology Division at Mount Sinai Beth Israel provides surgical diagnostic and treatment approaches to solid, cancer tumors throughout the body.
Surgery: Expertise in pulmonary, esophageal, chest wall, central
thorax and upper digestive system surgeries
- Thoracic Oncology: Provides patients with a comprehensive approach in the prevention, screening, detection, treatment and support of all aspects of thoracic malignancies.
Offers comprehensive care to men and women for all urologic conditions.
and Endovascular Surgery: The Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Division offers a full range of regionally recognized expertise in the latest therapies for the treatment of arterial and venous disorders. Our vascular surgeons are able to perform many procedures with minimally invasive techniques.
Program: Become a part of the Beth Israel family by participating
in one of our volunteer programs
Heart NY: is a multi-site comprehensive heart program designed specifically
for women who are at risk for, or have a history of heart disease.
- The Advanced Wound Healing Center: The Advanced Wound Healing Center at Beth Israel Medical Center offers comprehensive wound care treatment and care for patients suffering from chronic or non-healing wounds that have not healed after six weeks.
Mount Sinai Beth Israel, a member of the Mount Sinai Health System
Manhattan: First Avenue at 16th Street, New York, NY
10 Union Square East, New York, NY 10003
Brooklyn: 3201 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY 11234